Ethiopia Healthcare Federation (EHF) is the largest and strongest umbrella organization of all non-state/private actors in Ethiopia supporting the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in its interventions. Established in 2019 following the multiple rounds of the Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) forum organized by FMOH and the World Bank, EHF has 16 members comprising over 25,000 associates actively supporting healthcare in all the 10 regions and two administrative cities of Ethiopia. EHF is a member of the regional ‘East Africa Healthcare Federation (EAHF)’ and continental ‘Africa Healthcare Federation (AHF) which EHF is a member of the board of directors. It is also presently supporting the FMOH in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
EHF Recent Activities
Ethiopian Healthcare Federation (EHF) organized a meeting with the main health sector service providers in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Federal Food and Drug Authority (FFDA), Addis Ababa Food and Drug Authority, Addis Ababa Health Bureau and Mayor Office to strengthen the Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Ethiopia. A follow-up meeting was held at federation office meeting hall with Private
EHF’s work thus far
- Established a secretariat office for the umbrella organization –for a better organized Private Sector.
- Held multiple rounds of high-level dialogue forums with FMOH, hosted the continental private sector meeting in Addis Ababa.
- Advocacy for larger Private Sector Engagement at all levels in Ethiopian Health Sector-
- ·Closely worked with FMOH to harness the potential for the COVID-19 pandemic response (testing, case management, supply, and logistics).
- ·Coordinated with FMOH to provide COVID-19 ..
EHF Key achievements
- The Ministry of Health and the Addis Ababa City Government Mayor’s Office awarded and appreciated EHF for its contribution towards prevention, care, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID – 19.
- EHF successfully advocated for, and coordinated prioritized vaccination of Private Health Sector Personnel supporting healthcare and COVID-19 prevention ..